In addition to the 4C's there is the 5th “C” which is in the hands of the user. That is Care. For the care and maintenance of the diamond and diamond jewellery please follow the steps:
- Store the jewelry, diamonds in separate soft cloth pouches. Diamonds are hardest known substance, a diamond scratches another diamond so if put together it will scratch each other and dull the shine and cut.
- Avoid wearing your Diamond while doing the housework or swimming and showering.
- Be careful when removing your jewelry to wash your hands. Do not leave your diamond ring or jewelry on the edge of a sink where it can easily slip down the drain.
- After wearing, clean your diamond jewelry thoroughly with a clean, soft, slightly damp cloth. This will enhance the luster and ensure that your jewelry is clean before you store it.
- Clean the Diamond with warm soapy water and soft brush and dry with a clean soft cloth or air dry.
- Do not expose your precious gemstone pieces to salt water or harsh chemicals, such as chlorine or detergents.
- Avoid exposure to sudden changes of temperature to prevent existing cracks in diamond from increasing.
- Ask a jeweler to check the setting, fittings and mounting periodically. He can even clean it with steam or proven methods to retain the sparkle.